- All contested matters requiring in-person appearances including court trials, contested custody and placement hearings, any hearing where evidence will be taken by other than telephonic means and all mediation matters are suspended until after April 3, 2020, or until further Order of the Court. Clerks in individual branches will schedule these proceedings as the Court's calendar permits. Contact the individual branch for direction if the parties wish to have evidentiary hearings by phone. It will be left to the discretion of the Judge or Court Commissioner to do so.
- Any hearing that can be done by phone will proceed as scheduled, including but not limited to, scheduling conferences, status conferences, motion hearings. All others will be rescheduled by the Court.
- All Paternity, Child Support Establishment, Enforcement and Contempt Hearings are suspended until after April 3 2020. The Court will provide notice to the parties.
- All petitions for Domestic Violence Injunctions, Child Abuse Injunctions, Harassment Injunctions and Temporary Restraining Orders shall be heard as scheduled in person or by telephone at the discretion of the Court.
- All stipulated divorces shall be adjourned until after April 3, 2020, or until further Order of this Court.
- All Parent Education Classes are cancelled until May 15, 2020 until further Order of the Court. Parties will be notified of the new date by the Court.
Kenosha County Circuit Court has issued a temporary emergency procedure and directions for the Court during the next several weeks in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Governor Evers, Kenosha County, and the City of Kenosha have declared a public health emergency. The below guidelines were issued by Kenosha County Circuit Court as of March 16, 2020.